Samish Point by the Bay is located at a convenient crossroads:
- Midpoint between the bustling urban centers of Seattle 62 miles to the south and Vancouver, B.C. 62 miles to the north and the San Juan ferries with service westerly to Victoria, B.C. and the majestic Highway 20 eastward through the North Cascades National Park.
- Exit 236 off Interstate 5, travel west through the Edison Village.
- One mile south of Edison, turn right onto Bayview-Edison Road.
- Cross "the flats" and drive onto Samish Island, staying left.
- Continue on to the stop sign, turn left at Halloran Road and continue along the water until the road bends sharply to the right.
- Continue to the end of the dead-end road. The driveway to Samish Point by the Bay Cottage is the last driveway on the left 500' before the pavement ends.
- 40 minutes from Bellingham Airport
- 40 minutes from San Juan Ferries
- 1½ hours from North Cascade National Park
- 1½ hours from Vancouver, B.C.
- 1½ hours from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport